Friday, April 3, 2009

How I Met O

My first all-the-way experience was with O, an ex.

This is how I met him.

...

I was with my bestfriend's then-boyfriend-now-ex in Landmark, walking around, looking for gifts. We were in line already, gifts and my then-abundant-now-sparse cash in hand, when I noticed someone giving me the look. Disinterested at boys at that time, I ignored him. But my bestfriend's then-boyfriend-now-ex spotted him giving me the look, so he egged me to play along.

Seeing no harm in it, I decided to go back into the store, albeit finishing my purchase. I gave him the look, and went deeper into the store. As expected, he followed me, his purchase in hand. Funny thing was, I expected him to approach me, but the complete opposite happened. With just a few steps away from me, he veered to his left, which surprised me (I was all "Uh, what just happened?" So I turned left, and pretended to look at the stuff there, while waiting for him to make his move.

Again, a few steps away from me, and he turned to another direction. Aha, so that's how you want to play pala ha. I followed him, stopped, pretended, and as predicted, he switched directions again. After playing this game for a couple of rounds, Fate intervened (in retrospect, I imagine Fate saying, "Ang lalandi ninyong dalawa, mga bakla kayo. Itong sa inyo.") and made our paths cross. He turned to left, and I turned right, and we ended up heading towards each other.

And the rest is history.

No comments:

Post a Comment